Please note, this is not for the ABW blog but for a different project I’m involved in. Please pass it around, link, and repost it as appropriate.
We’re looking for editors (or writers with some editorial background) to manage the content for 3 – 5 categories on a social networking site devoted to social responsibility. Editors will manage original content, newsfeeds, blogs and forums. They will also seek out third-party experts and find information relating to assigned topics. Editors report to the Project Manager, but are expected to work with little supervision and a lot of initiative.
- Review newsfeeds that have been indexed into assigned categories in the content management system for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Edit headline and summary of news items to match site style.
- Maintain and write original content for assigned categories and sub-topics. Content sources include writers assigned to your categories and third-party experts (articles or interviews). Depending on the amount of information or number of news feeds in each category and sub-category, some sections will have new original content each day.
- Moderate blog comment threads and forums in the assigned categories.
- Identify new subject matter experts, blogs, or news sources that should be included in the assigned categories.
Categories/Topics include a variety of social justice/social responsibility areas, including women’s issues, human rights (which encompasses civil rights, minorities, LGBT issues, etc.), the environment, aging/seniors, animal welfare, poverty, health and wellness, humanitarian efforts, socially responsible investing, and charitable giving.
Background writing and/or editing content for the Internet or print publications. 1 – 4 years experience preferred.
Experience using content management systems or blogging software based on TinyMCE (WordPress, LiveJournal, etc.) strongly preferred.
Experience with Web 2.0 and social networking, particularly management and moderation. You must be comfortable interacting with the project teams online via instant messaging, mailing lists, and wikis.
Strong interest in social causes. Non-profit background preferred but not required.
Ability to manage time and people effectively.
The position is part time, and will require approximately 15 – 20 hours per week. This is a contract position, mostly telecommuting. We’re especially interested in people in the NYC metro area, upstate New York, and Connecticut, but we’ll consider applicants regardless of location. Compensation is based on experience. We’re looking for applicants of all ages and backgrounds.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to the HR Director: editorjob–at–amity360–dot–com. In the subject line, please include: Editor/Writer Position. Please send cover letters in the body of the email. Attach resumes in doc, rtf, or pdf formats only or include a link to an online copy.
Filed under: Administrative Stuff | Comments Off on Looking for Editors & Writers